Monday, May 18, 2009

Neighbors

I love my neighborhood. It's quiet and peaceful. I have a neighbor who is older and has been a God Send to me. He has done more for me that I could wish for. However, when is it crossing the line between being helpful and being pushy?

My home and my lawn are very well cared for. I personally think I have one of the nicest lawns on the block. I know what needs to be done and I do it. Weather and time permitting.. but it always gets done and done timely. Maybe because I am a girl or maybe because I am not 70 years old, some neighbors think that I need to be told how and when to do things ( even before they need to be done)..

I bite my tongue MOST of the time, as I try to respect my elders and I appreciate the concern on my behalf. But some of the time, I would much rather just tell them to shut the hell up!

I feel better now...

1 comment:

  1. I agree, i thnk older people think us "young folk" have no clue what we are doing. It is very annoying.

    ReplyDelete