Monday, May 11, 2009

Judging a book by it's cover...

Last week at work, I mentioned that I needed to get a new book to read. A friend of mine took a book out of her drawer and said that she had this book forever and thought it looked boring and had no intention of reading it and offered it to me.

I read that book in about 3 days. It was mesmerizing and probably one of the best books I have read to date.

I pride myself in being not 'judging books by their covers'. Everyone always gets a second chance, and with me usually a third ,fourth of fifth until I know it's time to draw the line. But I truly beleive that actions and words are not always stated as intended. I know this because I have been there on both ends and I don't like to be judged. I beleive that everyone has their issues and that there is good in everyone ( and I believe that in people that I probably shouldn' t as well).

My friends know me as someone to come to. Everyone needs someone come to. Whether you are right, wrong, in trouble or having a bad day. Everyone needs to express themselves and no one is perfect. I do this because I have been judged so many times in my life and it's not a good feeling. I do this because I believe that maybe if I do it , someone else will pay it forward.

My intentions are always good... always.. and I truly believe that anyone who has been judged feels the same. At least I hope so....

You miss out alot when you judge. I wouldn't have the friends that I have if I would have judged them as I could have on day one. And I thank God that I did not because everyone deserves that chance.

2 comments: