Thursday, October 6, 2011

It Ain't Easy Being Green

I am NOT a fan of frogs or turtles. My nephew keeps saying he wants a turtle. I'm scared. My reasons are as follows:

Frogs: are slimy. Many years ago when I was in grade school my older sister ( who was in high school) came home with a "present" for me. It was wrapped in a paper towel. I was standing in my parent's bedroom ( no carpet.. hardwood floor). She gave it to me all proud that she had a gift. I hesitated ( because it was wrapped in a paper towel). She told me to open it. I did. I had no idea what it was . She told me to smell it. I picked it up and slowly attempted to smell it at which point I knew something wasn't right. Then she tells me they dissected a frog at school and it was one of it's legs. I screamed at the top of my lungs , dropped it, turned green and started to run. I had on socks and slid all over the floor. I ran, still screaming into my bedroom, slammed the door and screamed some more. She was standing outside the door laughing her ass off . I knew that thing was still with her so I didn't open the door for many hours. I don't remember but I hope she got in trouble. She still thinks it's funny.

Turtles: I was babysitting my cousins one day. I was probably not much older than from the story above. My cousin found a turtle in the back yard and ran over to show me. I backed up a little because I wasn't sure what he had and didn't want to touch it. Naturally, he took that as an opportunity to freak me out. He must have chased me around the outside of the house 10 times laughing his little head off before I finally got inside. I wouldn't let him come in until I knew that the turtle was left outside.

These traumatic experiences have created a strong dislike for these creatures. If a turtle enters this house, I am going to have to set some rules or get a restraining order that forbids the turtle to come within 50 feet of me.


Check it out to the top right! We got groupons. Check them out here daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment