Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mexico, Miller and Maggots

It's been awhile but it's time to wrap up the month of May. May started  in beautiful Riviera Maya. Great trip, gorgeous resort, lots of cheese, drinks, good company and a hammock (that I tripped over and got stuck in) on the balcony. They treat you like royalty. It's amazing. Although at one point, I felt like they were being too nice.  Is that weird?  They just treated you so well and were there at every turn to see if you needed anything (mostly drinks:) I would be a terrible rich person. Well, no I wouldn't because I can do things for myself, I don't need to be catered too. I would like to have someone bring me drink though. I tried counting how many times I said Hola but that didn't work out so hot because I forgot half the time what my count was. I said it alot. Can't wait to say it again.




Let's see what else happened. I flushed my new Droid down the automatic toilet at work and had to overcome my fear of the devil (aka rice). Rice is no longer my enemy, because after a day and a half of leaving my phone in a bag of rice, it as good as new. So there IS a purpose for rice. I will never eat it but I do love it!


Speaking of rice, I had a disgusting encounter with maggots.  I went to put the trash out and picked up one of the bags and there were maggots in the can.  I ,VERY calmly , went over to my sister to tell her. Let's go back a bit,  I hate rice because the texture is gross and it reminds me of maggots and maggots are just disgusting. It's a weird fear I have had  forever.  I am a very clean person, and take good care of my house and property so to see this freaked me out.  My sister (bless her little sloppy soul) did clean out the can and do all the dirty work because I was too busy trying to maintain my composure (from very far away). I have no idea how they got there.  The bag of trash was only out there for a day.  It did rain.. I have no idea if maggots,rain and trash go together .  There was however, a trash bag that had empty Miller Lite cans in there. I have NO idea where it came from, I do not drink Miller Lite so I didn't put it there but it was there. Maybe maggots like beer?  Anyway,  I wish this trauma on NO ONE. It digusted me, we both took a shower after and I felt like I had maggots crawling on me for two days.  Poor everyone around me because if you thought I was anal before, that was nothing. It won't be pretty. There will NEVER be another maggot anywhere to be seen. EVER. That is just gross and dirty and I don't want to talk about that anymore.

So that's about all that was either exciting or tramatizing this month. I only burned myself ONCE in the kitchen.  Progress, people, progress. May was a month of Mexico, Miller Lite and maggots.

No comments:

Post a Comment