Thursday, April 12, 2012

I didn't think I was crazy until I wrote this.

I am leaving for Mexico in 13 days. I am not prepared. I need to pull out the summer clothes and see what fits. Everything SHOULD fit but we will see. I need to buy a few things.  I need to figure out what the guidelines are for planes now. I think any liquids over 3 ozs. can be checked with luggage ( I know it has to be 3 ozs. or less for a carry on... I think??). I'll just be safe and put it in my checked bags because then I don't have to worry about it.

I have read things before about the random checks at the airport.   I have a fear of being the one they decide to strip down in front of the whole airport to my skivvies. I know they don't do that but it's quite possible that it could be the new rule that starts the morning my flight leaves because that's the way things work for me. Good thing I bought new underwear. .

I also am worried about the plane. I am claustrophobic (always have been). When I was little, I went to go see Michael Jackson and JFK. It was an outside concert and I was with a few family members. A thunderstorm started while we were waiting in line and they shoved (what felt like) 5 billion people in inside area.  We were shoved like sardines . I was about 10. I puked.  Gross BUT it did clear the way so I could breathe.  They brought me a Stroehman's empty bread bag to breath into.  I puked again. Never give 10 years old who is puking a bag that smells like stale bread to breath into. The concert was cancelled and on the way to the parking lot, I heard them say that they weren't bringing me back.  I was very sad :(. I also get car sick.  Never used to but if I am in the back seat of a car, I am nauseous.  A few weeks ago, I was in the back seat and I was sweating and my stomach was all over the place.  I felt like I did 6 shots of tequila.  I didn't.

Anyway, I haven't flown in about 5 years.  Every time I do fly, I get a little antsy about it.  Being claustrophobic and stuck in the air in a plane will do that. Window seats always made me feel like I can breathe better. However , I seemed to have developed a fear of heights in my older age.  I will still GET on rides but I about shit my pants right before. I don't like that.  I don't want to give into it and not go on rides anymore so I still do..  This all sounds much worse than it is.  I am not a freak.  Well, I may tell a different story once I am back from Mexico or if you see me on the news as the woman who was on a flight to Mexico screaming and rocking the corner and end up stuck in Mexico forever because I am banned from flying on any airline ever again.  In which case, you are welcome to come visit me in my "facility" here that accommodates car sick, claustrophobic, acrophobic folks.

I think I will go call the doctor.  I see Xanax in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment