Thursday, May 7, 2009

Embarrasing Moments- Part 2

As promised Lynn.

Several years ago, my boyfriend at the time, we will call him Bob, because that's his name, and I went to Hershey Park for the 4th of July. We stayed at the Hershey Hotel , which was beautiful , and spent the weekend there.

Saturday afternoon, we went to Hershey's Garden. It was full of vibrant flowers and trees and had an incredible Butterfly house that my mother would adore. After walking around the garden we went to the gift shop. We parted ways and were looking around. I stopped at one of those revolving racks that you spin around. It contained postcards. I picked up a few and proceeded on my quest for items I had absolutely no use for.

A few minutes later, I feel something snag on my jacket ( it was July but it was damp and I am always cold). I turned my head just a little and saw the revolving rack I was just at a few minutes before. I stopped dead in my tracks. I could feel it moving so I reached back and grabbed it with my hand. The moving stopped. I am standing there, completely still with my hand on the 'rack' knowing that if I made the slightest move that thing was going down.

Bob comes over looks at me and says ' WHAT ARE YOU DOING'? I laughed, and said "Help it's going to fall over if I move- unsnag me." He looks , laughs, shakes his head and says ' Erica look behind you and let go'. I turn around and I am not holding onto the rack, I am holding onto a small child( one who never said a word). He must have thought I was his mother and came up and tugged on my jacket and I just grabbed ( obviously unaware of what the hell I was doing.)

His mother comes up at that point and looks at me ( we are pretty much pissing ourselves and my face was a ridiculous shade of red). I simply say "I'm so sorry I thought he was a rack" , dropped my stuff and out the door we went.

Can you say Jackass?

3 comments:

  1. OMG - I totally forgot about that story. That is hilarious. I can not beleive that lady did not yell at you. I probably would have peed myself if I was there but then again I had to pull the car over cause i couldn't drive over a fart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nastiest, most immediate gag reflex choking fart that came out of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricky,
    Very nice to meet you at the Chuck E Cheese.

    ReplyDelete