Friday, April 22, 2011

Wake up and smell the coffee!

I was never big on coffee.  I would have an occasional cup if  I was out but it wasn't something I drank at home.  Having a cup of coffee was never worth (and still isn't) dirtying (is that a word?)  my coffee maker and having to clean it out. Lazy I know. But my desire for coffee wasn't "strong" enough for it to be worth it.

 We now have a Keurig at work ( I checked the machine to make sure I spelled it right and got a cup while I was at it). Anyway, this machine is like the Holy Grail of coffee makers. The coffee is fresher and it's quick. It doesn't take 5 hours to make a pot of coffee. Every morning (before Mr. Keurig) I would go and make a pot of coffee. it took about 10 minutes to brew.  By the time I got up and went back it was gone. I would make a new pot.  This grew old. Now, I can make my own cup and move on.  Problem is that I now drink about 4-5 cups of coffee. Me + coffee= hyper.  When I first started drinking it , I was talking about 500 words per minute.  Which is more than my usual 300 words per minute. I talk fast to begin with. This was becoming a problem because whenever I said something after my 3rd cup, everyone would say "what?". Then I get annoyed because I have to repeat everything I just said and attempt to speak slower.

My body is adjusting to my coffee consumption. I am maintaining a consistent talk speed and it's not going to get slower than it is so I have decided that people will just have to pay close attention when I speak.

I still don't drink coffee at home but I would be lost without it during the week.

** a little trivia I heard on the radio the other day....  Which chain that sells coffee has the most loyal customers ( those who will not stray and purchase from any other chain??  Guess the answer!  ( p.s some of my facebook friends already know this answer so don't give it away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment