Thursday, March 31, 2011

Road rage...

I was in my car driving yesterday and hit a little traffic.  I needed to get in the right lane because I was trying to get on the turnpike . I put on my turn signal and naturally no one wanted to let me in.  I don't understand why people do that.  I am one car. If you needed to get over I would let you in. The fear of getting to my destination 15 seconds later than I would if I had not let you  in doesn't bother me. I wasn't speeding past all the traffic to get in at the last second . It was well before the turnpike entrance. So I finally see my break.  There is a black Pathfinder and I could cross in front of it with plenty of room.  As I start to do so, he guns it so I can't get in.  I get annoyed , call him an asshole under my breath and manage to get over a few cars behind him.  I get over it and keep driving.

I get to the booth ,get my ticket and I see that he is the booth next to mine getting his ticket.   After I have my ticket, I go .  The ramp I am getting on is in the same lane that I am in so I start driving straight ahead. He comes flying up ( he is to my right and is 'supposed' to yield to the traffic going straight.  He decides  he is just going to get over and cut me off. Now I am in the lane I am supposed to be in and he should be waiting for me to pass to get over.  But NOOOOO  he cuts me off.  I tried not to let him in but he was so close to hitting me that I had to brake.  I was soooooooooo mad.  This guy was just an asshole who decided that because I tried ( WITH my signal on and with yielding... obviously because he wouldn't let me in) to get over in front of him ( when there was room to do so) that he was going to cut me off.  I didn't cut him off!  I would understand if I had cut him off and gotten in the lane that he would be angry  but I didn't do that.  At this point I am really mad and giving him the finger. Who does that?? 

So we get on the turnpike and I get in another lane right away because I need to get away from him because I am so mad.   Dude then is driving on the turnpike at about 40 mph.  Ok  so you aren't in a hurry because you are driving way under the speed limit so what is your problem? I keep driving.  At the exit, there is traffic.  He catches up.  I get in the lane to get my ticket and I see him in the lane to my left.  I look at him.. he looks straight ahead.  I am now hoping that I end up in front of him just for the satisfaction that him being a prick didn't get him any farther.   The car in front of me is rumaging for change and he managed to get out ahead of me.  He was gone after that.  I am a calm person but I  understand why people get road rage. Drivers can be assholes.  I don't wish harm on anyone but I do hope he loses control of his bladder....

1 comment:

  1. Some people are just assholes, and most of them have drivers licenses!

    ReplyDelete