Friday, April 8, 2011

Life is good.. cont

My husband and I woke up this morning and decided to go to our favorite diner for breakfast.  He was against the idea because I am a little weak and it takes a lot of energy for me to go out. I told him that I not only wanted to but needed to do the things I love to do while I can. My doctor has told me that the chances of recovery are slim and soon enough I may not be able to enjoy these things.  I still have hope but reality is setting in. We ate and talked and had a great time. I have started to snap photos in my mind so that  I can picture these moments forever. After we ate, I was tired and we went home.

We sat on the rocking chairs on our front porch for hours. He asked if I was scared.  I told him that I am accepting my fate whatever that may be but I worry that he will be ok. I, in turn, asked him if he was scared.  He told me that he couldn't imagine his life without me and doesn't think about it because he wouldn't be able to be strong for me if he did. I told him that I  have no regrets and I thanked him.  He has been my rock. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find not only my love but my best friend but I prayed and God answered by bringing him to me. I told him that we will get through this together . I believe that ' til death do us part' is only a temporary phrase. Life will go on. Life is good. It will treat him well.  We will have our time together again and when we do it will be for eternity. He asked me if I prayed  for a cure. I told him that I am at peace. I am giving God a break. I will pray to him again when it's time.

We sat on the porch all afternoon as if time would never end and I snapped another photo.



*Please see prior post for beginning of fiction story.

No comments:

Post a Comment